Website The CARIAN Group
CARIAN is a certified WBE/SBE/DBE Professional Services firm, providing Management, Consulting, Advisory, and Technology Solutions to leading Fortune 500 businesses.
Assistant Project Manager – Utility
Hybrid Role, 2-3 days per week in office (Washington DC – Maryland Area)
CARIAN is growing! We are a proud, woman-owned management consulting firm providing program/project management, capital project delivery, consulting, and technology solutions to our customers in the renewable energy, power utilities, infrastructure, and transit/transportation sectors.
Positions at CARIAN are full-time roles, which include comprehensive and competitive benefits (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) matching, and the opportunity to work with a growing company.
We are looking for a Staff Engineer / Assistant Project Manager / Project Management Analyst to join our team in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area. The candidate will be expected to work as part of an Engineering & Construction Program Management team and assist in project support of multiple projects at one time in various phases of delivery and execution. The candidate’s primary focus will be on the project’s specific needs, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders. The candidate will also have support from a program manager leading the team and project managers who will be working closely with them on the operational tasks of the role.
· Manage and oversee multiple utility projects from conception to completion, ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
· Collaborate with the project team to implement and control the project (e.g., Weekly status report, project sponsor updates, and team communications).
· Assist in developing Project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Project Budgets, Project Schedules, and Project Management Plans.
· Monitor project progress and make necessary adjustments to ensure the successful completion of the project.
· Perform general analysis by using advanced Excel functions and techniques (trending, modeling, variance analysis, etc.) and prepare reports to support business operations.
· Perform analysis of data to prepare reports and trackers in support of the client’s business needs.
· Analyze project expenditures, conduct cost analyses, and forecast project costs.
· Interface with external and internal stakeholders to coordinate project requirements.
· Manage a client dashboard to produce an operations business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs).
· Support and contribute to the development of short-term and long-term business planning.
· Provide analytical and operational support to the team.
· Comply with client closeout requirements to mitigate financial and administrative risk as part of the project implementation.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
· 2+ years of experience in project management.
· Proven ability to communicate with contractors, client representatives, and team members to resolve problems and maintain excellent client relationships.
· Advanced Excel experience is strongly preferred.
· Ability to multi-task between various applications and software platforms.
· Experience working in the utility industry or industrial/electrical design (utilities) is strongly preferred.
· Strong organizational and project management skills.
CARIAN takes pride in being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender expression or identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local legally protected class.
As a WBE/SBE/DBE, CARIAN is committed to providing employment opportunities to women, veterans, and underrepresented minorities.
To apply for this job please visit thecariangroup.clearcompany.com.