Website The CARIAN Group
CARIAN is a certified WBE/SBE/DBE Professional Services firm, providing Management, Consulting, Advisory, and Technology Solutions to leading Fortune 500 businesses.
Cost Control Specialist
CARIAN is growing! We are a proud, woman-owned management consulting firm providing program/project management, capital project delivery, consulting, and technology solutions to our customers in the renewable energy, power utilities, infrastructure, and transit/transportation sectors.
We are searching for a Cost Controller to support our Utility client in the Maryland/DC area. The Cost Controller will be a member of our Program Management team to provide cost control services.
Positions at CARIAN are full-time roles, which include a base salary commensurate with experience and internal equity alignment, comprehensive and competitive benefits (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) matching, and the opportunity to work with a growing company.
· Perform cost forecasting, invoice management, accruals management, project controls, or other project management/control services, as required.
· Develop project cost baselines, develop monthly cost forecasts, conduct variance analysis, offer corrective actions, and monitor and control total project costs.
· Interact and lead meetings with client and internal team members to gather forecasting input.
· Develop monthly and annual cash flow forecasts, including internal labor, material, equipment, and contractor costs.
· Analyze contractor invoices to develop monthly accrual for projects.
· Develop multi-year capital cost and workload forecasts.
· Generate cost reports from accounting and budgeting tools and develop and report on cost controls measures, including spent to date, commitments to date, remaining spend, and variance from budget.
· Work actively with the Program Manager, Project Managers, and project stakeholders to provide cost controls on projects.
· Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering, accounting, economic or business administration discipline or a Cost Controls certification along with a technical degree.
· Minimum of 5+ years work experience as Project Controls Specialist/Engineer.
· Prior experience with Utilities is required.
· Proficiency in using standard Microsoft Office Suite, Primavera (Oracle’s Project Management software), and ability to become competent with client software and reporting systems.
This position is a Remote / Hybrid model with the occasional travel to client offices as needed.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with The CARIAN Group will be contingent upon successfully completing a background check and drug screen.
CARIAN takes pride in being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender expression or identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local legally protected class.
As a WBE/SBE/DBE, CARIAN is committed to providing employment opportunities to women, veterans, and underrepresented minorities.
To apply for this job please visit the-carian-group.breezy.hr.