Website The CARIAN Group
CARIAN is a certified WBE/SBE/DBE Professional Services firm, providing Management, Consulting, Advisory, and Technology Solutions to leading Fortune 500 businesses.
Electric Construction Supervisor / Manager
CARIAN is growing! We are a proud, woman-owned management consulting firm providing program/project management, capital project delivery, consulting, and technology solutions to our customers in the renewable energy, power utilities, infrastructure, and transit/transportation sectors.
We are searching for a Utility Inside Plant (Substation) Electric Construction Supervisor / Manager to support our client in the New Jersey area. Positions at CARIAN offer comprehensive and competitive benefits (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) matching, and the opportunity to work with a growing company.
Direct, coordinate, inspect, monitor, and document the performance of outside contractors performing construction and maintenance on client facilities. Serve as principal on-site interface between contractors and various client operating and engineering departments, customers, municipalities, and regulatory agencies. Assure the project meets technical specifications and is completed within cost and schedule requirements by enforcing all of the contract’s terms and conditions.
- Monitor project progress and contractor performance through field inspections covering quantity and quality of work performed.
- Assist in the direction and evaluation of inspections and testing of materials, equipment, and systems. Maintain accurate records of site conditions, work performed, and potential scope changes.
- Determine the value of work completed and assist the Project Team in reviewing and approval of contractor invoices.
- Identify and initiate corrective action to resolve issues with engineering/design, materials, procurement, construction, interdisciplinary/interdepartmental coordination, worker productivity, safety, and quality items. Decisions must be made with minimum delay and are implemented within parameters established by the Project Team.
- Participate in constructability reviews with engineering and operating areas to offer cost-saving suggestions during the project design phase.
- Support storm restoration functions when required.
- Review and comment on bid strategy, specifications, and drawings. Recommend engineering & design changes.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly project forecast, accruals, and detailed construction and payment schedules. Assist the Field Manager as required in the development and implementation of the regional work plan for major capital projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience of a minimum of 10 years of experience in construction, construction oversight, and/or utility operations planning/ coordination/engineering-related responsibilities.
- This position requires driving to company locations and off-site assignments and events, applicants must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
- Proficient in relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Project)
- Knowledge of Electric Utilities business operations, general policies, and practices.
- Operating experience working with SAP.
- Detailed working knowledge of electric substations, electric transmission and distribution systems, and electrical construction experience.
- Knowledge of electric system operations and procedures for submitting line and equipment clearances on transmission and distribution facilities.
- Knowledge of specification and contract enforcement, applicable technical standards, OSHA, and other regulatory statutes.
- Knowledge of trade agreements, procedures, techniques, work methods, and standards used in the construction industry.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and drawings and convey interpretations to contractors.
- Ability to investigate and solve construction problems in a timely manner with minimum dependence on others.
- Administrative skills for effective monitoring of contractor progress, cost control, and contractual interpretation matters.
- Possess excellent communication skills to deal effectively with all contacts.
Minimum Years of Experience:
10 years of experience
CARIAN takes pride in being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender expression or identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local legally protected class.
As a WBE/SBE/DBE, CARIAN is committed to providing employment opportunities to women, veterans, and underrepresented minorities.
To apply for this job please visit thecariangroup.clearcompany.com.