CARIAN Group is a New Jersey based management consulting firm that serves leading Fortune 500 businesses.
Project Controls Mechanical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer will analyze long range plans, survey reports, maps and other date in order to plan projects.
- You will need to Develop, implement, and maintain Monthly Forecasting, Invoicing, and Cost Reporting.
- Obtain, organize and interpret all information required to perform the work: drawings, vendor manual, supplemental instructional materials, special procedures, and other file material which is appropriate.
- Perform Project Control functions related to project life-cycle schedule planning, creation, execution, control, and maintenance for a portfolio of Capital Projects for Fortune 500 companies.
- Create and maintain engineering and construction schedules in support of EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) Capital Projects.
- It is required to have experience with Project Controls concepts such as project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling, and closeout are needed.
- It is required to have specific experience with Cost Engineering concepts such as project estimating, forecasting, cost controls, and variance reporting are also needed.
- Interface with other construction departments to provide scheduling data for items such as subcontract change requests, bid comparisons, change order estimates, and resolutions of potential schedule/work problems.
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain Capital Project schedules for individual projects and for the project portfolio within Primavera P6.
- Prepare reports for Engineering Management team regarding project scheduling activities.
- A complete understanding of the Accrual Processes, invoice review, and validation are required.
- Prepare detailed schedule reports as required (i.e. critical path view, baseline vs. actual view, look ahead view, milestone view, “what-if” scenarios, etc.).
- Facilitate schedule development and maintenance with the full project team (i.e. engineering, licensing and permitting, procurement, construction, etc.).
- Analyze schedule information and provide project teams with recommended corrective action to ensure projects meet required in service dates.
- Report project status, price and schedule project changes, earned value schedule progress, cost and schedule forecasting, and cost estimates including take-offs and conceptual estimating.
- Report scope changes for construction, engineering and start-up.
- Perform critical path and time impact analysis to document current conditions and change management.
- Develop primary construction schedules, maintain labor hour forecasts, and report schedule variances per established deadlines using engineering and construction knowledge and experience.
- Support supervision through development, preparation and maintenance of forecasts, schedules and reports using knowledge of construction and engineering principles and concepts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Building Engineering, Construction Engineering, or equivalent.
- 2 years work experience as Project Controls Scheduler.
- 2 years work experience as Project Controls Cost Specialist
- Familiarity with Primavera P6 and Project Management Scheduling concepts.
- Familiarity with SAP
CARIAN Group is a New Jersey based management consulting firm that serves leading Fortune 500 businesses. We help our clients make lasting improvements to the delivery of their Capital Projects and realize their most important goals. The CARIAN Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants ONLY. The CARIAN Group does not accept any solicitation for services from search firms or agencies.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org