Website The CARIAN Group
CARIAN is a certified WBE/SBE/DBE Professional Services firm, providing Management, Consulting, Advisory, and Technology Solutions to leading Fortune 500 businesses.
Project Management Analyst – Utilities
CARIAN is growing! We are a proud, woman-owned management consulting firm providing program/project management, capital project delivery, consulting, and technology solutions to our customers in the renewable energy, power utilities, infrastructure, and transit/transportation sectors.
We are searching for a Project Management Analyst to join our client-supporting team in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area. The Project Management Analyst will be expected to work as part of the construction project management team and assist in project support of multiple projects at one time in various phases of development. The candidate’s primary focus will be on the project’s specific needs, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders. The analyst will also have support from a manager leading the team and project managers who will be working closely with them on the operational tasks of the role.
Positions at CARIAN are full-time roles, which include base salary commensurate with experience and internal equity alignment, comprehensive and competitive benefits (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) matching, and the opportunity to work with a growing company.
- Perform general analysis by using advanced Excel functions and techniques (trending, modeling, variance analysis, etc.) and prepare reports to support business operations
- Perform analysis of data to prepare reports and trackers in support of the client’s business needs
- Analyze project expenditures, conduct cost analyses, and forecast project costs
- Interface with external and internal stakeholders to coordinate project requirements
- Manage a client dashboard to produce operations business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Support and contribute to the development of short-term and long-term business planning
- Provide analytical and operational support to the team
- Comply with client closeout requirements to mitigate financial and administrative risk as part of the project implementation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or willing to obtain a PMP certification within 12 months of hire
- 2+ years of experience in project management
- Proven ability to communicate with contractors, client representatives and team members to resolve problems and maintain excellent client relationships
- Advanced Excel experience is strongly preferred
- Experience working in the utility industry or industrial/electrical design (utilities/energy power plant) is strongly preferred
This position accommodates remote work and will include occasional travel to client sites and travel to offices within the Northeast area, as needed.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with The CARIAN Group will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
CARIAN takes pride in being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender expression or identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local legally protected class.
As a WBE/SBE/DBE, CARIAN is committed to providing employment opportunities to women, veterans, and underrepresented minorities.
To apply for this job please visit the-carian-group.breezy.hr.