CARIAN Group is a New Jersey based management consulting firm that serves leading Fortune 500 businesses.
Project Manager – Facilities
Supporting a major client, the selected candidate will be expected to work as part of the construction project management team and provide management and leadership in the management of multiple projects at one time in various phases of development. The candidate’s primary focus will be on the specific needs of the project, client, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders.
Essential Functions: Leadership
- Abide by and champion all CARIAN and client policies regarding safe operations and work practices.
- Support client and account initiatives to drive continuous improvement for our account’s execution of projects.
- Upon assignment of project; develop/refine project specific and client driven goals, schedules, budgets and detailed assumptions; along with project goals and success criteria that meets the client needs; such as:
- Project Safety.
- Regulatory and/or Environmental Compliance.
- Project Schedule & Budget Performance.
- Change Management * Facilitate project kick-off with internal staff and key stakeholders to ensure responsibilities, goals, expectations are clearly communicated and understood through the use of a Project Charter.
- Coordinate any necessary due diligence efforts on behalf of the client, maintaining and delivering all appropriate documentation.
- Refine budgets into detailed project estimates based on historical and market data.
- Develop and maintain the Master Project Schedule inclusive of end to end project tasks (initiation to closeout).
- Guide the client and team through the design implementation process including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documentation and sign-off of stakeholders.
- Prepare various RFP’s needed for vendor and contractor services for the complete project, including procurement strategy selection.
- Manage process for opening, leveling and recommendation for award of project bids.
- Manage the client’s funding process to ensure installed assets are captured correctly prior to initiating work.
- Oversee vendor and project team members work to ensure compliance with contract and client expectations.
- Be an active participant in the client’s safety culture throughout the life of the project.
- Actively track project performance against schedule, critical path, budget and cash flow.
- Capture, review and prepare recommendations for client approval when changes are required on the projects.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk.
- Comply with client closeout requirements to mitigate financial and administrative risk as part of project execution.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 7+ years of progressively, complex project management experience in all aspects of Design, Construction, Project Management with commercial construction projects.
- Must have detailed experience in project budgeting, contract negotiations and scheduling.
- Proven ability to communicate with architects, contractors, client’s representatives and team members to resolve problems without damaging relationships.
- Project Manager experience working as part of an integrated service delivery team in a client corporate environment.
- Excellent skills specific to developing new and expanding existing customer relationships.
- Interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with clients both up and down the organization as well as within and outside of the account structure.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities while working as part of a team and independently.
- Strong analytical skills focused on identifying problems and proposing solutions.
- The Project Manager should have a solid understanding of construction methods, understands time-frames for implementation and how it affects unit pricing.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to solve challenges, even when results aren’t guaranteed. As well as, an unwillingness to settle for “this is how it’s always been” as an answer.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Project.
- LEED AP, PMP preferred.
- Six Sigma certification, LEAN experience, MBA degree or PE registration a plus.
Minimum Required Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management preferred or equivalent experience.
- Please note daily travel to local project site(s) is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive.
The CARIAN Group is a New Jersey based management consulting firm that serves leading Fortune 500 businesses. We help our clients make lasting improvements to the delivery of their Capital Projects and realize their most important goals. The CARIAN Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants ONLY. The CARIAN Group does not accept any solicitation for services from search firms or agencies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com