Website The CARIAN Group
CARIAN is a certified WBE/SBE/DBE Professional Services firm, providing Management, Consulting, Advisory, and Technology Solutions to leading Fortune 500 businesses.
Senior Electrical Staff Engineer – Distribution (Utilities)
HYBRID – 3 DAYS IN OFFICE
CARIAN is growing! We are a proud, woman-owned management consulting firm providing program/project management, capital project delivery, consulting, and technology solutions to our customers in the renewable energy, power utilities, infrastructure, and transit/transportation sectors.
Our company seeks highly skilled Senior Electrical Staff Engineers to join our New Jersey team. As an Electrical Staff Engineer – Distribution, you will be responsible for providing technical support to execute our client’s electrical engineering distribution projects from conception to completion. You will also provide technical support for designing and implementing new electrical systems, testing and troubleshooting existing systems, conducting outage planning and outage management.
Positions at CARIAN offer comprehensive and competitive benefits (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) matching, and the opportunity to work with a growing company.
- Provide technical support to design, develop and test electrical systems and equipment.
- Provide technical support to conduct outage planning and outage management.
- Provide technical support to develop project plans, timelines, and budgets for electrical engineering projects.
- Provide technical support to oversee and manage electrical engineering projects from conception to completion.
- Coordinate with Client’s Planning, Engineering, and GIS Teams to ensure proper updating of GIS System Information and Electric Distribution Circuit Prints. Provide required information, including print red lines, as needed.
- Support pre-construction reviews, including field walk downs of planned work.
- Evaluate and analyze project requirements to determine feasibility and practicality of solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including mechanical, software, and systems engineers, to ensure successful integration of electrical components.
- Provide technical support to the company’s engineering and production teams.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to electrical systems and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to electrical systems and equipment.
- Stay current with advances in electrical engineering technologies and recommend new techniques and methodologies to improve the company’s products and services.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Experience working on power utilities distribution projects is required
- 10+ years of experience in electrical engineering
- Strong technical expertise in electrical design, testing, and troubleshooting
- Strong technical expertise in outage planning and outage management
- Knowledge of relevant electrical codes, standards, and regulations
- Experience with project management, including budgeting, planning, and scheduling
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
CARIAN takes pride in being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender expression or identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local legally protected class.
As a WBE/SBE/DBE, CARIAN is committed to providing employment opportunities to women, veterans, and underrepresented minorities.
To apply for this job please visit thecariangroup.clearcompany.com.