Website The CARIAN Group
CARIAN is a certified WBE/SBE/DBE Professional Services firm, providing Management, Consulting, Advisory, and Technology Solutions to leading Fortune 500 businesses.
Senior Substation Physical Designer
HYBRID – 3 DAYS IN OFFICE
CARIAN is growing! We are a proud, woman-owned management consulting firm providing program/project management, capital project delivery, consulting, and technology solutions to our customers in the renewable energy, power utilities, infrastructure, and transit/transportation sectors.
Our company seeks a highly skilled Senior Substation Physical Designer to join our New Jersey team. As a Senior Substation Physical Designer, you will support a team of design professionals and engineers, and from minimal verbal instructions or notes, using accepted practices and standards, using MicroStation as directed by the client design engineers, create or revise drawings that detail electric power substations, transmission, distribution project ranging from 4kV to 500kV.
Positions at CARIAN offer comprehensive and competitive benefits (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) matching, and the opportunity to work with a growing company.
- Work with Engineers and Designers to develop the design documents and drawings for Substation or Transmission or Distribution projects.
- Create design/construction drawing package for substation design project including substation general plan, elevation and detail, bill of material, conduit and cable schedule.
- Provide drafting support for various type of substation project including physical, electrical and protection and control design.
- Arrangement of substation structures, equipment and their foundations.
- Develop section views and other detail drawings that show how structures, equipment and bus work are installed.
- Layout of conduits and other raceway.
- Ground grid design and equipment grounding.
- Develop bill of materials for structural steel and other outdoor equipment and materials.
- Development of single and three line diagrams.
- Development of schematics and wiring diagrams for major substation equipment as well as auxiliary equipment such as AC and DC distribution panels and various junction boxes.
- Develop bill of materials, SCADA point assignment sheets and cable pull lists.
- Develop and maintain up to date CAD drafting standards.
- Trains and directs the work of other designers and CAD drafters, checking for accuracy and efficiency, according to accepted procedures.
- As assigned, perform other duties as required in the engineering and construction of electric power substations, transmission, and distribution projects.
- At least 10 years’ experience in Design and/or Drafting disciplines with a background in Electrical substation or Transmission/Distribution design
- Generally requires an associate degree in engineering technology from an ABET accredited college or university.
- Bachelor’s degree in Drafting/Design preferred; minimum GED Diploma with drafting or electrical design training.
- Experience working with MicroStation is required
- Ability to work in a growing, adaptive and multi-discipline team environment
- Experience working on power utilities substation, transmission, distribution projects is required
- Ability to work independently with limited direction and oversight
- Experience with file sharing, document management and collaboration tools
- Ability to comprehend and implement a wide range of client CAD standards.
- Experience with 3-D modelling in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated skills in CAD drafting techniques and applications.
CARIAN takes pride in being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender expression or identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local legally protected class.
As a WBE/SBE/DBE, CARIAN is committed to providing employment opportunities to women, veterans, and underrepresented minorities.
To apply for this job please visit thecariangroup.clearcompany.com.