Website The CARIAN Group
CARIAN is a certified WBE/SBE/DBE Professional Services firm, providing Management, Consulting, Advisory, and Technology Solutions to leading Fortune 500 businesses.
Substation Commissioning Engineers – Locations: NY, NJ, PA, CT
CARIAN is Growing! We currently have opportunities for Substation Testing and Commissioning Engineers in the tri-state and Pennsylvania territory to support our growing team.
In this position, you will:
- Act as the key engineer on assigned projects and provide overall project planning, coordination, and supervision of construction, commissioning, and testing activities to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Prepare and monitor complex construction and commissioning schedules to ensure timely completion of the work.
- Manage and participate on multiple status, safety and human performance conference calls involving Stakeholders, Construction, Engineering, Contractors, Inspectors and Suppliers.
- Resolve construction problems, procedures, and methods.
- Interpreting/validating relay and apparatus testing results satisfying latest standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Planning, performing, and documenting the commissioning of various control and power circuits to ensure the intended operation and safety of equipment and personnel are met.
- Maintaining familiarity with appropriate engineering and construction codes to ensure compliance with applicable codes.
- Preparing and implementing outage and energization plans as well as detailed commissioning plans.
- Instituting, directing, and documenting changes to the work when required by differing site conditions.
- Conducting on-site design or investigation work to ensure adequacy of contractor methods.
- Evaluating and verifying contractor procedures, starting and completion times, and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience performing electrical distribution engineering and field service engineering to include:
- Testing and commissioning standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Design of: AC and DC schematics, wiring and interconnect drawings, and one-line and three-line diagrams for electrical protection and control systems, including relay communications.
- Performing apparatus testing and interpreting test results on medium and high-voltage substation and power plant equipment.
- Testing and commissioning substation utility protection and control circuits.
- Working with voltage and current injection equipment to perform relay and apparatus testing.
To apply for this job please visit the-carian-group.breezy.hr.