Website The CARIAN Group
CARIAN is a certified WBE/SBE/DBE Professional Services firm, providing Management, Consulting, Advisory, and Technology Solutions to leading Fortune 500 businesses.
Business Analyst / Cost Analyst
FULLY IN OFFICE
CARIAN is growing! We are a proud, woman-owned management consulting firm providing program/project management, capital project delivery, consulting, and technology solutions to our customers in the renewable energy, power utilities, infrastructure, and transit/transportation sectors.
We are searching for a Business Analyst – Corporate Real Estate & Facilities Management to join our New Jersey team.
Positions at CARIAN offer comprehensive and competitive benefits (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) matching, and the opportunity to work with a growing company.
This position will support corporate real estate facilities construction projects and will support planning, budgeting forecasting, variance explanation related to capital project support. Someone who has experience as a project cost engineer or project accountant, minimum 3-5 years’ experience, experience with executive presentations etc.
- Responsible for working with the client to prepare and create the annual 10 Year Capital & O&M cost plan.
- Support the month end, quarter end and year-end closing processes. These can include creating and maintaining journal entries, conducting actual vs plan variance analysis, creating ad hoc analysis.
- Preparation of presentations, reports or analysis specifically requested by the internal & external clients.
- Assist in analyzing results and identify areas of opportunities for efficiency and cost savings.
Job Specific Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering or related field
- Experience as cost engineer or project accountant
- Advance Excel experience or databases
- Experience preparing executive presentations
- Strong analytical, business and communication skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Knowledgeable in PMI project management processes
- Position Incumbent must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others’ strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices
- Desire to be challenged, expand professional knowledge and take on more responsibility over time.
Knowledge in use and application of SAP planning tools, models, techniques and processes
Primavera P6 scheduling software
CARIAN takes pride in being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender expression or identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local legally protected class.
As a WBE/SBE/DBE, CARIAN is committed to providing employment opportunities to women, veterans, and underrepresented minorities.
To apply for this job please visit thecariangroup.clearcompany.com.